Construction Quantity Surveying Higher and Degree Apprenticeships - 2017 start
Our Apprenticeship programmes are an excellent pathway for school and college leavers as well as experienced trades to develop their skills and knowledge within a professional field.
We offer degree-level apprenticeships (level 6) for college leavers which include support with professional development, on the job experience, behavioural and technical development on a structured pathway. The programme is industry recognised and designed to provide you with the experience to support you towards becoming a surveyor, building services manager or site manager.
Our Level 4 technical apprenticeship offers school leavers and experienced trades professionals to develop the skills and experience towards becoming a site supervisor, building services supervisor or surveying supervisor. This industry recognised programme offers structured development and experience as well as support in achieving a HNC in the relevant pathway.
We are keen to hear from school-leavers who have a real passion in the built environment and want to develop their skills and competence towards becoming an electrical or mechanical engineering apprentice.
Our Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship programme is key in supporting you to become a valuable member of the Commercial team. As well as working closely with our production site teams to ensure a quality project is financially viable, they build relationships with our supply chain and safeguard our commercial position.
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including for example estimating, cost planning, health and safety, contracts and production.
As a member of the Commercial team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Safeguarding our contractual position relating to progress of the project, design responsibility and our legal obligations to sub-contractors regarding payments
- Providing sound contractual, commercial and financial updates to key stakeholders, including the preparation of reports
- Developing good relationships with our clients, designers, sub-contractors and suppliers through dealing fairly and professionally in all financial and contractual matters
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Developing a basic awareness of the sub contract procurement process
- Assisting the project team with measurement and valuation
- Administrating contract records and preparing sub contract and material orders
- Assisting the project team in the preparation of tender reconciliations
Level 4 - All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment and a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English.
Level 6 - All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment, a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English, and a HNC in a construction related subject.