R&D Data Science Degree Apprenticeship
3 days left
- 24 months+
Data Science is a broad and fast-moving field spanning maths and statistics, software engineering and communications. Data Scientists blend experience and knowledge from a wide range of fields and organisations, and continuously seek to expand their range of technical skills.
At our GSK’s R&D hub at Stevenage, Computational Biology supports drug discovery and development through the integrative analysis of internal and/or external biomedical data.
Also you will be;
- Analysing biomedical data, especially genomics data, to support drug discovery with a focus on target identification and validation in immunology and oncology
- Developing and delivering support and guidance materials for new and non-expert users to access and use deployed genomics and bioinformatics data and solutions
- Contribute to AI and machine learning projects that drive insight into multiple phases of the drug development pipeline from target identification and validation to later phases.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Working in an area that results in impacting development of new medicines for important diseases of unmet medical need.
- Working on a variety of data analysis competencies and building your scientific knowledge, on a tailored development programme
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines with high attention to detail
- Shaping your own development
- Learning new data skills and concepts
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a degree (BSc) in Data Science which will take up to 36 months. Your degree will be funded by GSK and studies will be blended, combining online study with face to face lectures at Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge campus.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK.