Laboratory Science, in vivo Biologist Apprenticeship
Our laboratory science higher apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to tackle a variety of scientific challenges working in our research and development or manufacturing laboratories – the heartbeat of our company.
What will you do?
- Learn skills to provide animal care, welfare and husbandry whilst also gaining the expertise to perform in vivo scientific procedures and knowledge of Animal Scientific Procedures Act
- After appropriate training, you will be responsible for designing and conducting in vivo experiments
- Biological sampling and associated data analysis and interpretation
- Archive and manage samples
- Operate specialist equipment to develop new products, technologies and processes
- Report writing
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your scientific knowledge
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Shaping your own development and choosing courses and opportunities in line with your needs and interests
- Learning new skills and concepts
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- Studying for a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Applied bioscience technology
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK