Clinical Trials Degree Apprenticeship
3 days left
- 24 months+
Ever wondered who determines if new medicines are safe and effective for patients to use? If so, you might be interested in our Clinical Trial Specialist apprenticeship.
Clinical trials are research studies that investigate whether a new medical treatment is safe and effective for humans, and Clinical Trial Specialists at our Stockley Park site are part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on the delivery and execution of the trials in multiple therapeutic areas.
The Clinical Trial specialist apprenticeship could include rotations in roles which support Clinical trials in the UK and within a central (global) team. Your rotations might include:
Clinical Support Specialist
- Administer, maintain and co-ordinate the logistical aspects of operational support for clinical trials according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, and international and local regulations
- Responsible for set-up and overseeing the Clinical Trial Files at a local and global level, using an electronic system
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
- Perform operational site (hospital or clinic) evaluation visits, study initiation visits, on- and off-site monitoring visits at the required frequency, and site closeout visits.
- Assist the Local Study Manager with submission of Clinical Study Application to Regulatory Authority (RA) and local Ethics Committees (EC)
- Delivers appropriate training to site staff and other relevant parties, as required and participate in global investigator meetings
Local Study Manager (LSM)
- Have accountability for within-country execution and delivery of assigned clinical trials across therapy areas to timelines, budget and quality as defined in the study protocol as well as in local regulations and GSK written standards.
- The LSM serves as the operational point-of-contact between the central study team and in-country operational staff, including Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) and other in-country staff aligned to the study.
Central (global) Study manager
- You will project-manage studies conducted across multiple countries and interact with Local Study Managers from those countries.
- You will have responsibility for many aspects of a clinical trial including set up and writing study documentation and plans and working with external vendors such as laboratory service providers.
- There may also be opportunity to work on specialist aspects of a trial such as digital technology and clinical data management
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Assisting in the delivery of clinical trials which help determine the safety of new medicines
- Build your scientific knowledge, business sense and customer relationship skills on a tailored development programme
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines with high attention to detail
- Shaping your own development
Learning new skills and concepts
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a degree (BSc) in Biological Science (including but not limited to Physiology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Pharmacy or Biochemistry) which could take up to 5 years to complete. Your degree will be funded by GSK and approximately 20% of your time will be spent on your studies
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK.