KPMG 360 Digital Apprentices
Our Apprenticeship Programmes offer a practical way to kick-start an exciting career with KPMG. You’ll earn a salary, gain valuable work experience and skills and be supported to achieve a professional qualification.
Search and apply below to find your desired role. You can also join KPMG’s Smart Network to be the first to hear about new vacancies, upcoming events and industry news.
Responsibilities and tasks
You’ll gain an overview of the huge variety of projects we undertake at KPMG. As you complete placements across Audit, Tax, Pensions and Legal Consulting, and Deal Advisory, there’ll be no such thing as a typical day, but each will include:
- Becoming an integral part of the team, developing relationships internally and with key members of our client teams.
- Developing commercial awareness, communication, team-work, and technical skills as you undertake structured placements across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Deal Advisory.
- Getting involved in a wide range of projects, embracing new ideas and approaches, and seeking out new responsibilities.
- Gaining an understanding of KPMG’s values and demonstrating behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members.
- You will take on tasks that directly add value to our clients and our business. The specific work you do will vary from placement to placement, but could include:
- Working as part of an audit team and completing tasks such as controls testing, bank reconciliations and checking the accuracy of financial statements. Working with our tax, pensions and legal teams and completing tasks such as liaising with HMRC, drafting correspondence to clients and completing tax returns.
- Providing valuable support to client facing teams in advisory helping clients to enhance their business performance – projects are varied and could include anything from supporting clients to manage risk to helping to develop their people strategy.
- Research tasks and contributing to business development activity.
- General support to project teams, including taking minutes at meetings, preparing engagement letters and billing.
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us the confidence that you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Further information on these behaviours can be found at: https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/our-behavioural-capabilities
Training, support and development towards
- Foundation Level (Year One): Once you join the programme you will normally complete two placements in different business areas. The exact rotations vary between offices, determined by the availability of roles within each region. You’ll also complete the AAT Level Three Qualification.
-Technician Level (Years 2 and 3): Completion of the AAT Level four combined with longer placements will deepen your industry and technical knowledge.
-Professional Level (Years 4, 5 and 6): You will decide whether to specialise in Audit, Tax, Consulting or Deal Advisory and your learning pathway will reflect this decision. Where relevant, you will study towards further
Professional Qualifications (qualifications could include ACA, CTA, CIMA).
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academic results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, including how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
GCSE and A level Entry Requirements
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or 4 - 9 including Maths and English Language
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent qualifications*)
* Or international equivalent
Scottish Entry Requirements
- A minimum of five National 5 qualifications at grades 1-3 which must include Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Equivalent of 104 new UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher level (e.g. BBBB)
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades (or equivalent) and do not accept General Studies.