Apprentice Medical Receptionist
Castle Gardens Medical Centre are part of a larger group made up of 3 GP practices. Castle Gardens have previously taken on Apprentice's who have become really successful. They are looking for a new Apprentice who has the same drive and determination to achieve!
The environment you will be working in is busy yet friendly, it is a dynamic atmosphere with lots of training and support given from the team.
The main purpose of the job is to provide a friendly and professional service to all patients, and act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other staff.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet patients when they arrive for appointments
- Rearrange appointments and make emergency bookings over the phone and face to face
- Receive patients in reception area. Ascertain nature of visit. Take appropriate action e.g. doctor’s appointment, refer to nurse, note attendance. Provide any information required
- Ensure consulting, treatment rooms and waiting areas are neat and tidy
- Provide new patients with necessary registration forms. Check completion of form. Offer health check appointment with HCA
- Receive incoming telephone calls, take appropriate action, record messages accurately and pass on as necessary
- Enter requests for home visits into the diary, stating time received and including all relevant information and where necessary refer to the duty doctor
- Check all referral letters, laboratory tests, and discharge summaries are distributed as appropriate
- Computer input for all the above and other changes/updates to patient records, change of address etc
- Deal with all repeat prescription requests
- Brief any colleague taking over duty on outstanding matters
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payments and issue receipts for same
Job Type / Category
About the employer
Castle Gardens Medical Centre are a successful GP Practiice and are part of a larger group made up of 3 surgeries, called Colchester Medical Practice.
Expected apprenticeship duration
Training to be provided
- Customer service practitioner standard (Level 2)
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Customer service practitioner
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Confident when dealing with new people
- Good communication skills
- If you do not have A-C grades (or equivalent) in Maths and English, we will support you to achieve Functional Skills Level 2 which is equivalent to a GCSE C grade.
- There is a potential permanent position available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
Apply for Apprentice Medical Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly