Graduate Management Development Programme - Operations UK & Ireland
What is the UK & Ireland Graduate Management Development Programme?
The aim of the programme is to develop a select group of talented, geographically mobile individuals and give them an intensive development opportunity to be running their own Food & Beverage, Front Office or Conference & Events department within 18 months.
What does the Programme Cover?
- UK&I GMDP consists of an 18 month training program which includes two 9- month placements in two different locations within the UK & Ireland . Following successful completion of the 18 months, you will be appointed as an Assistant Head of Department/Head of Department in one of our hotels (depending on the size of the particular hotel).
- During your placements, you will experience the full Food and Beverage & Front Office operations, whilst also gaining exposure to other operational departments.
- You will participate in group modules and have business driven projects to complete.
What are the Learning Benefits?
The Programme runs over 18 months with a structured framework of practical and highly interactive learning and development activities.
- Induction to the Programme, the wider business, Hilton history, culture and current business focus
- Food and Beverage placement
- Rooms division placement
- Exposure to Business Development, HR and Finance
- A one-to-one mentor with regular feedback
- Career development reviews
- Regular & structured Line Manager feedback
- Management and Leadership Development programmes
- Technical development modules
- A practical assignment aligned to the Food and Beverage placement
- Hilton University modules
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate our Hilton competencies, and we expect you to be driven, commercially focused, with key people skills and a real passion for operations.
Mobility is an extremely important factor as the right person is expected to be working in at least two different locations during the programme, potentially anywhere in the UK & Ireland for 9 months each.
If you are interested, you are invited to apply online on or before 27th January, 2019. We are looking for our future leaders, so you will have to prove that you too want to be world class.
There are also fixed criteria for the programme as follows:
- You must have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- You must have graduated in the period of July 2017 until August 2019
- You must speak, read and write English fluently
- You must hold (or be able to obtain) a UK/EU passport, and be eligible to work in the UK & Ireland
- You must be able to relocate geographically as required
- You must be able to demonstrate true passion and enthusiasm for Hospitality (either through studying a Hospitality degree or with previous work experience in Hospitality)
Our selection process includes online tests, questionnaires and an Assessment Center. This not only helps to identify the right candidates, but if you are selected, it is the start of your personal development journey with Hilton.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have any questions about the scheme prior to submitting an application, please contact Björn Olthof, Senior Manager Graduate Recruitment for Europe, Middle East & Africa, at email@example.com.