Business Administration Apprentice (Logistics)
In 1906, Alfons Ewals founded our company with a horse, a cart and a lot of ambition. Over a century later, the 4th Ewals generation proudly carries on his legacy in our family company. Today, Ewals Cargo Care creates innovative logistics products for our customers and for the industry. We develop intelligent systems and processes, which we continuously develop to stay ahead of the curve and solve the latest challenges in logistics.
To expand our team at our Colchester office, we are looking for an Operations apprentice.
In order to achieve further growth, we are searching for a trainee who is keen to start a career in Transport and Logistics. The apprentice role will assist in all our Operational departments in order to gain experience and a full understanding of current business activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting the Operations desks
- Communicating with colleague’s and 3rd parties via telephone and email
- Process of transports/bookings/trailers via in house management system
- Preparation and distribution of documentation
- Dealing with queries
- General office duties
The successful applicant would not be expected to do all the above immediately and would receive training on each aspect in turn.
Would you like to work in an innovative and international environment where entrepreneurship and development are highly valued? And where you will be rewarded for your dedication and loyalty?
If so, then apply now!
Job Type / Category
About the employer
For more than 100 years, Ewals Cargo Care has been providing the answer to your logistics requirements. With 1.600 employees in 12 countries, 3000 trailers and 400 trucks we arrange over 5.000 transports daily within Europe and further afield. Half of these are carried out using our intermodal Mega Huckepack fleet.
- Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm (1hr lunch)
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if needed).
Business and Administration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good communications skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to use own initiative
- If you do not have GCSE Maths and English we will support you to achieve Functional skills.
- A permanent position within the company could be yours upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on how you have performed.
- The chance to progress on to a Level 3 programme.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): From April 2018 the ANMW was set at £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Apply for Business Administration Apprentice (Logistics)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly