Manufacturing Engineering Degree Apprentice
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, abatement solutions and related value-added services. Our products are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells; are used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications, steel and other metallurgy, pharmaceutical and chemical; and for both scientific instruments and a wide range of R&D applications.
Whether its technical expertise, product innovation or our global support network, we are unrivalled in our dedication to maximising value while lowering your cost of ownership.
Edwards stands behind each product with exceptional integrity and strength, supporting our customers beyond standard expectations. Edwards is Essential to Your Process.
OUR PRODUCT RANGES INCLUDE:
- Dry, remote, on-tool and near-tool vacuum pumps Turbomolecular pumps Exhaust management systems Liquid abatement Integrated vacuum and abatement systems Chemical blend and dispense systems Wet process solution Cleaning and etching Equipment
OUR GLOBAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Equipment service and repair Product exchange Refurbished equipment and product acquisition programs Field and on-site support services Remote e-diagnostics and product health check
Through a series of rotational placements, the apprentice will have the opportunity to work within all key areas of the Eastbourne Product Company. They will have the opportunity to experience the full end to end process which includes building and testing product as well as the opportunity to test new product designs.
Training will be a combination of taught and on the job. Through the delivery of workshops, interactive seminars and practical lab-based activity you will develop your specific knowledge, practical skills and the techniques required of a confident, capable engineering professional.
On completion of this apprenticeship, combined with working within different teams across Eastbourne Product Company we will expect you to have developed basic skills in the following:
- Able to perform tests under direction from engineers
- Basic problem solving
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Understanding of how the Eastbourne factory operates
- Able to build product following correct process
- Able to test and fault find on product in final test
You will also develop skills in our nine core competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Planning and execution
- Innovation & solution
- Atlas Copco Way
- Able to use IT equipment and systems.
- A confident communicator both face to face and over the telephone and via email.
- Able to work under pressure and manage your time effectively to meet conflicting demands.
- Able to work independently.
- Be reliable and punctual
- Able to plan own work and report on progress
Desired personal qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Willingness to get on and do
- Able to ask questions to colleagues
- Ability to remain calm in what can sometimes be a stressful environment
- Determination to succeed and progress in their career
Desired qualifications/ experience:
BTEC Level 3 or Level 4 in an Electrical / Electronic Engineering discipline or equivalent or 3 A levels at Grade C+ (to include Maths and 1 other STEM subject).
Job roles will be available within Edwards, Eastbourne that are appropriate for the route that you have chosen to specialise in when completing your level 6 apprenticeship. Edwards is a global business and there may be opportunity for placements abroad as part of career progression.