- 6-12 months
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected apprenticeship duration:
- 12 months
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will need to be computer literate, with strong confident Maths and English qualifications, preferably with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office experience. These will help you to develop as a designer within the design team.
- You will be producing designs and plans using windows based engineering software to create roof truss, floor joist designs and timber frame structures further down the line for the construction industry via our manufacturing facility.
- You will be required to initially provide quotations for our clients and when a successful order is gained you will then design the roof or floor for production and subsequent delivery.
- The suitable candidate should show signs of confidence in communicating with clients as initially there is an element of sales required to successfully procure orders and later build client relationships.
- You should be interested in construction with an eye for problem solving through your designs.
- You should feel comfortable working both within an office occasionally on site and working as a team within the business.
- You will receive on-going career support, training and development.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to make efficient use of resources.
- Excellent people skills to be able to adapt to all levels and age groups .
- High levels of motivation.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to multi task.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft, Excel packages and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficient .
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Strong work ethic.
- A-C GCSE grades or equivalent
Once you have completed your apprenticeship your employer will be looking to offer you a full time position within the company.
Training to be provided:
- You will receive a Level 3 NVQ in IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals.
- Functional Skills if required.
- IT technical salesperson
Apply for IT Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly