Advanced Apprentice – Production Maintenance
This Apprenticeship is with the Production Maintenance Department who are responsible for maintaining and improving site equipment and enabling targets in output and quality to be met.
The team ensures the fit and safe provision of a working environment for all employees and the delivery of planned maintenance activities (PPM's).
Problem resolution of reoccurring issues is also a key part of the team's role to reduce future downtime across Manufacturing.
The key skills you will develop include:
- Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner and completion of relevant documentation.
- Prioritisation of work to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Working in a multi skilled maintenance team, maintaining electrical and mechanical systems.
- Working to safe practices as set out in the safety framework, reporting any accidents or near misses.
- Understanding risk assessments and ensuring maintenance activity does not place any employees at risk.
- Continuous improvement activities, pro-actively seeking out opportunities to improve processes & working techniques.
- Practical problem solving techniques and implementing countermeasures.
- Updating documentation to reflect process changes.
- Working on various different types of Robot and PLC systems across the site.
- Working on Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Reading and following Electrical and Mechanical drawings.