Apprentice Recruitment Resourcer
We are looking for driven and ambitious people looking to take their first steps into recruitment. Ashbys are expanding our team in Colchester, Essex. As a construction specialist recruitment consultancy we specialise in working with the high end white collar sector and have a great name within this industry.
We are looking for someone to assist our recruitment team with candidate resourcing and general administrative tasks. We are at the top of our game in our niche sector and need a hard working resourcer to support us. We have a presence nationally and have good relationships built with some of the largest contractors, developers and consultancies in the UK.
Reporting to our Director who has an award winning track record within two large national consultancies you will be fully trained and developed via external and internal sources to achieve your full potential. As a recognised up and coming recruitment consultancy we can offer you the great opportunity to progress to an REC qualified recruitment consultant.
If you are interested in joining an expanding consultancy where you can make a name for yourself within a relaxed environment, this is the role for you.
As a Recruitment Resourcer, it will be your role to support the recruitment consultants within the business in certain tasks. Your main responsibilities will include to:
- Identify, attract, and shortlist candidates for the companies live vacancies
- Communicate with candidates about specific jobs through phone / email / LinkedIn.
- Create, place and update adverts in line with the companies procedures
- Monitor responses/applications received and make sure that candidate’s applications are processed efficiently.
- Provide general administrative support to the recruitment team
- Provide pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy
- Database maintenance
This is an exciting opportunity to kick-start your career and gain vital experience within the recruitment industry. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, do not hesitate to apply now!
Job Type / Category
About the employer
We specialise in small specific sectors to provide the best service to our clients and candidates. We are not just here for our award-winning recruitment services but also our industry insight, news and advice based on real knowledge of the market sector.
At Ashbys, we ensure we understand our clients and candidates fully and measure our success with this in our repeatedly high retention rates. When taking the time to understand our clients we know that finding the perfect candidate for our clients is not just about strategic objectives and filling seats, but is about finding someone with the right personality, drive and passion for their work. Likewise with our candidates we understand career aspirations but also what type of culture they like to work in. This ensures that we boast fantastic staff retention rates and a great reputation with both client and candidates.
- Monday - Friday 9am- 5:30pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Total hours per week: 37.50
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Recruitment Resourcing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
Expected apprenticeship duration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Appropriate level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MAC OS
- Computer software
- Persuasive communicator
- Demonstrable questioning and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritise
- Self-motivated and able to identify opportunities
- Tenacious and resilient
- Driven and determined to achieve targets and objectives
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer focused approach
- Confident and Personable
- It is desired that the successful candidate will have achieved GCSE A-C/9-4 grades in Maths and English or equivalent.
- However, if not we will help and support by providing Functional skills training and exams.
What you will get in return:
- Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing (NVQ) Level 2
- Annual international company incentive trips
- A fun and inspirational environment to work
- Good Benefits package
- Monthly incentives
- There is the possibility for the successful candidate to then progress onto their Level 3 programme after completion of their Level 2.
- Additionally there is the possibility to progress onto a full time recruitment consultancy position within the company if hard work has been shown throughout