Apprentice Marketing Assistant
Obart Pumps are a pump company based at Maidstone, in the heart of Kent. For over 40 years we have aimed to offer the right products, at the right time and at the right price. From humble beginnings selling builder’s equipment in South London in the 1970s, we have now evolved into the UK’s only national pump distributor with WEE registration and environmental accreditation.
You will be working alongside the Head of Marketing with 25 years experience in Marketing and Creative working with global brands such as Vidal Sassoon, Hoover and Symantec. You will have hands on training in all areas of outbound marketing, digital, analytics and creative, including video production and editing.
You will be responsible for assisting the team in the development and implementation of marketing collateral, social media strategy and website amends. You will ensure everything runs smoothly on assigned projects and will act as a general assistant to the team. As your experience develops you will be given more responsibility. You will also be given the opportunity to develop with other parts of the business.
- An integral part of the marketing communications team, assisting with the planning and delivery of all customer campaigns
- Proof reading of marketing collateral and communications, plus supporting other departments with proofing as required
- Monitoring of social media, assisting with campaign planning, content provision and reporting
- Ensuring branding guidelines are followed – supporting other departments with branding checks on any external material
- Assisting with all marketing admin, including raising of PO’s
- Supporting in the deliver of customer emails, ensuring high quality standards are met for every email
- Collating information for sales materials, including prospecting flyers & emails
- Attending meetings for business campaigns where marketing/communications support is needed
- Organising giveaways, stands and collateral for business events
- Providing data for campaigns, ensuring data protection regulations (GDPR) are followed
- Reporting on campaign success and identifying improvements
- Supporting with the creation of marketing materials
- Working with third parties to deliver campaigns
On completion of this Apprenticeship there are excellent career prospects for the right person to progress within the company
Salary up to £12k pa depending on experience (from £3.90 ph)
Hours 9 – 5.30pm with hour for lunch
25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Company bonus scheme
Company stakeholder pension scheme (from April 2019, 3% employers, 5% employees contributions)
9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
1 hour lunch
Strong communication skills
Excellent listening skills
Good rapport building
Ability and willingness to learn
Self-motivated and driven
Personal desire to succeed
English A-C or equivalent
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.