Quality Administration Apprentice
Leading Edge is an award-winning, class leader in the supply of flexographic label & packaging to the homecare industries. Our customers include the Major Multiples (and other retail outlets), Consumer Brands, Promotional & Marketing Agencies to Own Label products.
Our success and investment in technical innovation is driving our growth and requirement for further staff to support this expansion.
The opportunity is for a Trainee Quality Assistant to support the Quality Manager. The successful candidate will be working as a link between production and quality control in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Providing admin support, conducting testing in our Lab, populating reports, inputting data, assisting the Quality Manager in general matters etc.
Training will be provided for all aspects. This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant an innovative organisation at the ‘Leading Edge’ of its market.
- Supporting administration between the Quality and production departments.
- Data input and analysis.
- Producing reports.
- Providing support in achieving targets
- Supporting the set up and maintenance of necessary controls and documentary identification of quality training needs.
- Supporting internal audit and customer site audit structures
- Flexibly engaging with additional business tasks where needed
£3.90 per hour with a review after 3 months
Up to 40 hour week (9 – 5:30) Monday to Friday
- Maths and English Grade C or above
- An interest in production preferred but not essential
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Comfortable dealing with inter-departmental liaison
- Ability to work well on their own
- Good at problem solving
- Keen to work in a challenging role in a large organisation.
- Keen to learn
- Seeking a challenging role in a large organisation.
- Good communicator
- Well presented
- Good time keeping
English and Maths Grade C or above
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.