Social Change and Development Officer (Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice)
You will be part of a range of high-performing teams, working with and supporting colleagues across a range of departments at WaterAid (WaterAid International, Internal Audit, Finance, Fundraising, Communication/ Brand, International Programme) in the achievement of our strategic aims. You will provide support on work-based projects, co-ordinate logistics and lead on discrete pieces of work. You will also undertake routine business process tasks and administrative activities to develop your overall skills and build an understanding of how business processes work in practice.
Key responsibilities of the role are outlined in the job description which may include the following tasks:
- Working on supervised work-based projects
- Supporting teams with general administrative, coordination and business process activities
- Contributing to the development and improvement of our business processes and procedures
- Supporting learning, evaluation, knowledge management, capacity building initiatives of the organisation
- Assisting with the preparation of communication materials (internal and external)
- Supporting with fundraising projects, events and day to day activities
- Providing excellent supporter/ volunteer care to help build a deeper supporter/ donor engagement with WaterAid.
We welcome people from all backgrounds without experience in working for a charity or not for profit sector, but you must have a keen interest in making a difference and contributing to changing the norm for the better for millions of people.
Critically you’ll be happy to apply your learning in innovative ways, and to challenge the status quo.
You’ll want to develop a talent for working with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and views.
You’ll have the ability to think fast, learn quickly and you won’t be afraid of trying something new. You’ll have a range of extracurricular interests.
Our job description sets out all the skills we are looking for – but don’t worry if you don’t have all of them… WaterAid are keen to develop you – its about your potential!
As part of our rigorous recruitment process we’ll thoroughly assess your potential for working within WaterAid’s values, ensuring you have the aptitude that will be instrumental in translating into practice what you learn “off the job” at the University, whilst “on the job” with WaterAid!
Our people are at the heart of delivering our mission. We invest in growing and developing our staff by providing talent and personal development training. We are committed to learning and development and enabling you to reach your potential.
We review our learning and development range to keep it fresh: it includes self-managed e-learning to expert lead workshops, personal effectiveness training and lunchtime talks. We are a place for people looking for inspiring, stimulating work and a real spirit of togetherness. A place to change normal not just for others, but for yourself too. We need all WaterAiders to give:
- Commitment to our vision and to playing your part in changing normal.
- Appreciation and respect for different people and ideas.
- Energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
So if this is you, we want to hear from you! In return, all WaterAiders will get:
- Inspiration from the change you help make happen.
- A sense of belonging; a feeling that you are part of a global community.
- Stimulation and fulfilment; the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
At the end of your apprenticeship we will seek to support you to find a role within WaterAid UK, or will facilitate opportunities outside of WaterAid to help you to fulfil your career aspirations.