Highways Maintenance Apprenticeship 2017 - Various positions, UK Wide
2 days left
As a Highways Maintenance Apprentice, you will:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaising with members of the client team and Public to ensure that the client's needs are met
- Working as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Assisting in the delivery of the annual winter maintenance programme (Sept - April)
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
These Highways Apprenticeship roles will be based in either:
Southampton, Wokingham, Warwickshire, Rochdale and Herefordshire.
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required.
- Be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential.
- You will have a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Have a minimum of 3 GCSE's A*- C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance.Future prospects We hope for you to secure a permanant position with Balfour Beatty at the end of the scheme. For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what's involved in the scheme visit the website www.balfourbeatty.com/careers and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group. Things to consider Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.