Higher HR Assistant Apprenticeship - BTG plc
3 days left
To provide solid support on a day to day basis and support the HR Operations Team by providing a high quality, professional and proactive HR administrative service that meet customer needs and corporate objectives.
Your duties will be varied and you will be supported in the workplace:
- Provide administrative support for the HR team.
- Ensure the accurate and up-to-date maintenance of all HR personal files and databases and ensure appropriate security for all HR related information.
- Preparation of all HR correspondence, e.g. offer / leaver letters, probation periods, employee references, change of terms, financial, etc. as directed by the line manager.
- Taking and drafting of notes as requires for pertinent meetings such as discipline & grievance and absence interviews.
- Work closely with the HR team to support the recruitment and selection processes, including drafting and formatting of job adverts, ensuring the intranet and internet is up to date with current vacancies, manage the recruitment inbox and respond to candidates in a timely manner, coordinate interviews with recruitment agencies and individuals, prepare documentation and materials, and ensure recruitment trackers are maintained and continually improved.
- Initiate new starter and leaver checklists in a timely manner and undertake all relevant administration in line with the starter and leaver processes, including ensuring a smooth induction process, setting individuals up on pre-employment check system, sending probation reminder emails to line managers etc.
- Maintain the job description system to ensure that a current job description is on file for all employees, and maintain records of historical job descriptions.
- Support in administering the HR section of Connect ensuring up to date, relevant information is available at all times. Seek usability and effectiveness feedback from users and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with BTG values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies.
This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (phone and email).
- Ability to work pro-actively whilst multi- tasking and within a team environment.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills appropriate to the role.
- Good attention to detail.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- To work in an organised and methodical manner under pressure.
- Ability to use technology and develop new technology skills.
- GCSE's or equivalent including English and Maths at Grades A* to C.
- A Level or equivalent level 3 qualifications would be an advantage.