This is a real opportunity to contribute to the future success of our business. We're training our next generation of lawyers and that means giving you access to great quality work that will increase in complexity as you develop through the programme. So be prepared for a gentle introduction to the business which might include spending some time in our business support teams, so that you really get to understand how our business works. As you move into more of a legal role, we'll start you off gently with some of the more administrative duties so that you gain your confidence before taking on the more complex legal tasks. But don't worry, you'll be supported every step of the way with a dedicated supervisor, mentor and HR support. We're all routing for you and want you to succeed, so we'll do everything in our power to make sure that happens.
They'll be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved with some of the wider business activities. We've an active sports and social committee who organise regular events which will allow you to get to know your colleagues a little better. We also have a strong focus on corporate social responsibility and there are plenty of community projects or charitable initiatives for you to get involved with. In fact, we'll even give you two volunteering days a year, on top of your holiday entitlement.
You're role could involve:
- Progressing legal matters and transactions
- Applying legal knowledge and commercial judgement to produce solutions which meet clients' needs and address their commercial or personal circumstances
- Deploying the full range of legal skills - research, interviewing and advising, negotiation, drafting, communicating orally and in writing
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with clients and other people
- Managing yourself and your work effectively
- Working with the legal team to complete transaction processes
- Processing contracts, amending documents where necessary, and ensuring that files are kept up to date
- Assisting with drafting.
We're looking for candidates with good academics; 3 good A-levels are an absolute minimum. Beyond that, we'll be looking for you to demonstrate a few core skills: team-working, communication, creative and analytical thinking, an ability to build strong and lasting relationships and a drive to succeed.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to work with technology
- Ability to work in a business environment
- Customer service skills
- Practical ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Use of Email/Internet
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Meeting deadlines
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Mature attitude
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal client situations effectively
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Motivated and driven to succeed.
- Planner/thinking ahead
- Leadership skills
- GCSE grades *A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English.
- 3 A Levels grade B or above or equivalent.
Future prospects You will be a qualified solicitor after the six-year apprenticeship programme. Things to consider Reality Check: If you will have a long commute, then please carefully consider the cost and time involved before applying for the role. Other Information: • This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand. The salary will be £15,015 per annum • Alongside a competitive salary you'll receive a flexible benefits package so you can pick and choose between the benefits that matter most to you. • You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work. • You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures. • You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.