PR Apprentice (Level 4)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join a successful PR Consultancy, based in the heart of the west-country, to work across a number of sport, leisure and marine brands.
ADPR offers excellent potential for progression and the role would suit an ambitious individual looking for a fast paced and exciting career. We are looking for someone who loves the media, is highly organised, enjoys writing and can demonstrate creative flair.
The successful candidate will support our existing team with the end-to-end process of delivering strategic PR campaigns and projects of exceptional quality.
The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Social Media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Media Liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products
- Deliver PR Campaigns - Supporting the team in creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy for a client or organisation
- Evaluate PR Campaigns - Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Research & Data Analysis - Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
Time Management - Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Diary Management - Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings - Arranging internal and external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable and attendees needs are catered for
- Timesheet Management - Meeting deadlines, recording how much time is spent with each client
- Career Development - Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
- Apprenticeship training - Work must be completed by the given deadlines
- Admin - Liaise with suppliers, distribute incoming post, manage parcels/outgoing post, answering the telephone, arrange for couriers, order stationery and office supplies.
- Working to activity plans - Ensure that all client objectives and deadlines are clearly understood
Working with People
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional Relationships - Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team Building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining an professional image
- An interest in sport, marine, health/wellbeing is desirable, but not essential
- Own transport is essential due to our rural location
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter' - someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE A*- C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A* - C in Maths or equivalent