256231 - Higher Apprenticeship - Engineering
Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. The portfolio includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid solutions and high-voltage transmission systems. Based in Manchester and Newcastle, the division delivers complete solutions that meet these demanding needs as it uniquely combines its own local experience with the Siemens technology, leading-edge products and systems. We take complete responsibility for engineering, design, resource management, programme planning and achievement, supplier monitoring, on-site services, commissioning and continuous customer liaison.
We are now recruiting for Higher Apprentices to be based in Manchester. These opportunities represent a new growth period for Siemens Energy Management and offers excellent opportunities to be part of our apprenticeship programme.
What are my responsibilities?
A Technical Higher Apprenticeship within Energy Management is a programme that takes a minimum of 3 years to complete, as follows:-
- Year 1 will be college based (and include work placements at Siemens during term breaks) to undertake PEO (Performing Engineering Operations) units.
- The remainder of the apprenticeship will be work based at a Siemens site with day release for college to undertake a relevant level 4 Technical Certificate in your chosen specialism and to commence NVQ level 4.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A'Levels to include Maths and Science are required and an Engineering or IT based subject is desirable. (Adult equivalents accepted)
- Enthusiasm for a career in power engineering
- Working within a team environment
- It would be beneficial, although not essential, for applicants to have some relevant industrial experience - e.g. summer placements.
- Must be a confident communicator and proactive problem solver
What else do I need to know?
If you're looking to develop a career in operations management (project engineering or site management), mechanical/ electrical engineering or digitalisation and gain relevant experience such as project development and delivery then an apprenticeship is a perfect route to a long lasting career within Energy Management. We offer early responsibility, mentoring and continuous professional development; you'll be working for a company that's committed to innovation and facing challengesRequirements and prospects Desired skills
Working within a team environment
Must be a confident communicator and proactive problem solverPersonal qualities
Enthusiasm for a career in power engineering
It would be beneficial, although not essential, for applicants to have some relevant industrial experience - e.g. summer placements.Qualifications required
A'Levels to include Maths and Science are required and an Engineering or IT based subject is desirable. (Adult equivalents accepted)Future prospects On completion of the apprenticeship and subject to a good training record, you may be offered a full-time position with Siemens Energy Management Division