Business and Professional Administration Apprentice - Level 4
Administrators at level 4 play an integral role in supporting organisational objectives, including planning and managing projects, chairing meetings, communicating with colleagues and stakeholders.
- To contribute to a number of projects, some from start to finish.
- To assist with maintaining financial records and carrying out procedures in accordance with the systems and procedures including arranging payment of invoices to partners.
- To support the organisation of meetings including booking rooms and refreshments, inviting attendees, photocopying of papers and taking minutes.
- To communicate with officers and outside agencies as required by phone, internet, email and other media.
- To assist with the preparation of documentation including flyers, booklets, letters and other documents as required using word, publisher, excel and PowerPoint as appropriate.
- To organise and report data for reports as required.
- To undertake administrative duties as required including photocopying, filing, typing, updating databases and ordering stationary.
- To assist with the effective monitoring and tracking of records and contribute to the development of effective records procedures for all projects and schemes.
- To keep abreast of modern administrative practices which would improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the role and to attend relevant training as necessary.
- To work flexibly to meet the changing needs and demands of the role.
- To maintain high standards of Health and Safety, including the general tidiness and appearance of the work area.
- To attend and participate in any meetings and training events which develop and/or improve team/individual performance, including attendance and satisfactory progress on the Apprenticeship
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good concentration skills
- Experience in a public sector organisation is desirable
- An organised approach
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to use your own initiative but also know when matters need to be referred to a supervisor
English and Maths GCSE A - C (level 4 or above) or equivalentFuture prospects This is an initial 12 month contract. Things to consider Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a good level of Business Administration skills.