Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
The successful candidate will be site based on various sites under the direct supervision of varying levels of Quantity Surveyor.
They will need to provide assistance while learning in a number of different areas of Quantity Surveying.
They need to be willing and keen to undertake further training applicable to the career development programme.
You will gain valuable experience working at part of our Quantity Surveying team delivering projects in the North West.
Typically, an apprentice QS will work 5 days per week with 4 days on site/head office and 1 day allocated to study time.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The applicant will need to demonstrate a proven track record in the following skills and personal qualities:
- IT Skills. Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word and Outlook
- Time management. Be able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Teamwork. Be able to work with a team environment
- They need to be able to work on your own initiative in accordance with pre-determined guidelines
- Current clean full driving licence would be an advantage
- They must be able to measure quantities from drawings/site records or from physical measurements taken on site.
- They must be able to present the measurements taken to a consistent standard and supply the results in a clear annotated manner
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Attitude: characterised by commitment to personal and company success
- Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead
- Values: the person must understand the values of company and respond positively
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Structured approach: focused, thorough, high level of attention to detail
- Adaptable to the future demands of the industry
- Highly enthusiastic and be committed
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.Qualifications required
Minimum 112 UCAS points
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or an approved alternative qualification below:
• Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths
• NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and or Reading
• Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English
• Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English
• Northern Ireland Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number
• Wales Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number Prior to starting the programmeFuture prospects The Cruden Group is a major North West contracting organisation, employing a significant and diverse workforce. Many of our employees have multiple years' service with our company and we are proud that former apprentices now populate management and even Board positions. Through our Escalate programme, we provide ongoing training and development of our workforce, providing career progression opportunities and a platform for personal growth. Our commitment to maintain and grow a highly skilled and capable workforce is a major reason why clients come back to us again. Things to consider Driving licence would be an advantage as role will involve working on different sites throughout the North West.