Digital Innovation Apprentice
The primary role of a software developer is to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
As a developer you will typically be working as part of a larger team, in which you will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall projects. You will need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications but will also be involved in some business analysis, testing and training activities within the team.
In this job you will be:
- Assisting with a range of roles including coding, development, testing, consulting and project management
- Learning how to apply problem solving skills to real world situations; picking up new technical skills such as programming; learning about software testing and other industry practices; seeing how software is designed and developed in modern project environments
- Linking code to the database
- Knowledge and experience of at least one coding language (.Net, C#, SQL).
- Knowledge of user interfaces and has an understanding of data flows.
- An understanding of best practices and standards in software development, business analysis and testing.
- An understanding of the stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Understand and applies software design approaches and patterns.
- Writer of good quality code.
- Can document as-built designs and configuration.
- Can test code and analyse results to correct errors.
- Can create simple software designs.
- Good communication skills- verbal and written.
- Strong logical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility for activities.
- Ability to work in teams and work well with others.
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment. An understanding of cyber and physical security concerns and challenges.
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent), at grade C or above, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- 5 GCSEs, A* to C or the new grades 4 -9, including Maths & English Language (or equivalent)