Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship Programme
6 days left
Being a degree apprentice at CDL means that you have the chance to study towards your degree, and build up valuable experience. This is a perfect opportunity for those looking to grow within a company and become part of our talented workforce. We will support you throughout the whole process, and pay for your university fees too!
CDL is one of the UK's leading insurance software houses, employing over 620 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. Our robust and innovative technologies have enabled the customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
As part of the role, key duties include:
- Working as part of a team developing some of our latest projects for our key clients.
- Supporting projects and shadowing more senior members of our development teams
- Learning about the role of technology is delivering successful outcomes for our clients
- Working across the organisation to familiarise yourselves with our business practices
- Work closely with your line manager and mentor to plan your work schedules.
CDL is working alongside Manchester Metropolitan University, to provide you with a degree apprenticeship programme lasting four years that will enable you to kick start your career with us. You will spend one day a week at the university, and the other four days in a real business environment, here at CDL.
The taught units on the degree complement work-based projects, where you will be able to use business challenges and scenarios from your own role as part of your work. You will also have support from the university, by having regular catch-ups with a tutor in person or on the phone, depending on what works best for you.
At the end of the four years, you will not only have a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions but you will have a huge amount of industry experience from a UK leading insurance software house.
More details on the course are available by clicking this link:
https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/apprenticeships/students/digital-technology-solutions/Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A passion for technology and all things digital
- Critical thinking and a willingness to embrace new ideas and innovation
- Enthusiastic team workers who will work to maximise the effectiveness of themselves and others
- Confident communicators who want to contribute and make a difference
All candidates for the Degree Apprenticeship should have a minimum of 104 -112 points at A2 (Grades B,C,C) or an equivalent e.g. BTEC DMM.
Candidates who have relevant workplace experience who do not meet the above requirements will be evaluated on an individual basis.
All candidates will require Maths and English Language GCSE grade A*-C or equivalent.Future prospects The opportunity to secure a permanent role.