Apprentice Commercial Property Surveyor
4 days left
To be an integral part of our highly professional and extremely busy property company in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. The role will be fully involved in all facets of the business; the depth of involvement will increase as confidence and experience are attained.
There will be no cap on progress; the successful candidate(s) will be pushed to find their limits and achieve their potential. The business has 3 departments headed by Chartered Surveyors; Commercial Agency (Selling & Letting property), Professional Services (Rent Reviews, Valuations, Lease renewals) and Managed Services (Properties managed for our clients).
The start point is within the Commercial Agency department but we want ambitious, self-motivated candidates with common sense so any of the department may prove to be your favourite. We would like to take the candidates(s) through to RICS qualification/membership should candidates which to follow that pathway.
A mixed role including:
- Assisting Surveyors with inspections
- Prepare properties for marketing: prepare marketing information for properties, taking photographs, drafting letters and brochures from templates
- Arrange & undertake viewings with prospective tenants / purchasers: report feedback from viewings to clients.
- Putting forward offers
- Processing information: review and update databases for applicants, clients and properties,
- Qualify applicants and send property details.
- Call handling - qualifying calls & booking appointments
- General Office duties as part of team
- Good record keeping.
- Good oral skills, articulate.
- Good written skills, literate.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Can demonstrate attention to detail
- Clean driving licence and car owner
- Live locally - local knowledge is helpful in the role
- Practical approach.
- Common sense.
- Attention to detail.
- Trustworthy, confident and empathetic
For standard entry applicants, must have obtained 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff) or 230 UCAS tariff points (2016 Tariff) or have an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS Tariff
Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
Have a current RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS)
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
*Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.Future prospects Gain chartered surveyor status.