Apprentice Associate Management Assistant (IRIS Controller) (Gev Wind Power)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a young person to join our team as an Apprentice Associoate Management Assistant. You will control, monitor and develop the GEV Wind Power Engineering and Resource Planning tool IRIS. You will also regularly review ongoing projects for efficiency and productivity adding direct value to the profitability of GV Wind Power output.
Initial wage will be £4.05 per hour increasing to £4.50 on successful completion of the probation period.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
You will become an in-house expert in:
- The setting up of projects for the wind technicians to record their activities against.
- The setting up of technicians including log-in details and permissions
- The training of technicians to utilise IRIS, including the development of training packages
- Monitoring the progress of projects from a productivity and efficiency basis against planned expectations
- Monitoring the quality of data recording by technicians and management alike, feeding back where improvements need to be made
- Reporting faults and liaising with the software developers to seek resolution
- Development and continuous improvement of the IRIS environment:
- Functionality, look, and usage strategies of IRIS front end
- Usage protocols and set-up procedures for management on web back-end
Your customers are predominantly internal:
- GEV Group Staff
- QHSE manager
- IT manager
- Finance staff
Wind Power management staff:
- Operations manager
- Project managers
- Project coordinator
- Site managers
- Resourcing manager
- Maximises business revenue by identifying waste within the projects being undertaken and develop project specific metrics for local managers to utilise to the benefit of the project overall profitability.
- Collaborates with Technical, Contracts, Projects and other colleagues to deliver effective IRIS management and development.
- Create a working relationship with the software suppliers to help with management of the system for GEV
- Will be key in developing and formalising the GEV Wind Power IRIS usage processes for all levels of user.
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Reliable & Punctual
- Willing & keen to learn.
- Well presented
5 X GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English - Grade C or aboveFuture prospects On successful completion of this apprenticeship a full time position will be available for the right candidate. Things to consider Please note this Vacancy will be with Gev Wind Power not Gev Offshore Ltd.