Insurance Apprenticeship – Reinsurance
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Demonstrate your passion for client delivery while making an immediate impact. You’ll learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one.
Willis Re is one of the world’s leading Reinsurance advisors. Over our 180-year history, we have developed a deep insight into all aspects of the global insurance industry. In particular, we understand how individual insurance companies develop and drive their own unique strategies to achieve their goals. We help ensure that our clients have the right protection in place so that when the unfortunate or unexpected hits, it’s not catastrophic for their business. We think of ourselves as selling resilience for a risky world.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Reinsurance Apprenticeship Programme – Level 4
Location: Ipswich and London
Application Closing Date: 31 January 2018
Duties will include:
- Being part of a team who provide excellent service to our clients relating to Placement, Claims or Accounts
- Receive and action instructions from clients, brokers and other third parties, communicating by voice as well as email
- Interpretation and review of placement, claims or accounts to ensure they meet client demands/needs
- Liaison with other offices of Willis Towers Watson globally who may also engaged with the Clients Reinsurance business
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification.
You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
- 96 UCAS points (2017 tariff) across 3 A-levels or equivalent qualifications
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, building strong working relationships
- Ability to work within a team to high standards and tight timescales
- Ability to analyse situations, provide recommendations and be flexible in approach in order to resolve problems
- Good understanding of IT systems (Microsoft office)
- Self-discipline, determination and an appreciation of the demands of studying while working