Facilities Administrative Apprentice
- Willingness to follow a formal Apprenticeship (level 4) programme at Richmond upon Thames College alongside the development of work skills
- Experience of using CAD or similar design package
- Be able to work as an effective member of a team.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to liaise effectively both with College staff and with external contractors/service bodies at a range of levels
- Good IT skills including use of Word, Excel, Outlook and the demonstrable competence in utilising them for reporting purposes
- Initiative and ability to prioritise ones own work and work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing a quality customer service.
- Have a flexible attitude and be able to respond to a varied workload
- Be willing to undertake training including First Aid, Manual Handling, Health and Safety
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety regulations and how they would apply to this post
- Have a knowledge of and commitment to the principles of equality and diversity
- Qualified to Level 3 equivalent or above.
Good communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to liaise effectively both with College staff and with external contractors/service bodies at a range of levelsDesired qualifications
GCSE in Maths, English and ICT at grade A*-C (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential.
Qualified to Level 3 equivalent or above.Future prospects After completing your apprenticeship, there is the possibility to join the College on a permanent basis. Things to consider Annual leave entitlement is 29 days per year, rising to 32 days per year after 5 years' service, plus 3 days for planned closures of the College, and Bank/Public holidays normally observed in England and Wales. The appointment will be subject to suitable references, medical clearance, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications. All of the above checks must have been completed before the start of the employment. This job description/candidate specification is subject to periodic review.