Higher Apprentice, Asphalt Division
Weekly wage £307.69
Working week Generally usual office hours; 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri with a degree of flexibility. Total hours per week: 40.00 Apprenticeship duration 3 years Possible start date 01 Sep 2018 Date posted 24 Jan 2018 Distance 265.9 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001348581 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good standard of English Language and numerical skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems that may arise on a daily basis.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team using own initiative.
- Knowledge of the construction and infrastructure materials industries.
- Desire to work in a challenging and fast paced organisation.
- Positive work ethic and proactive approach to development.
- Drive and determination to succeed.
- Willingness to work across the UK if required.
Our minimum entry requirements are:
- 5 GCSE's Grade A*- C or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and Science.
- 2 A levels Grade A-B or equivalent, with at least 1 STEM Subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) or 80 UCAS points.
We recruit from a range of academic disciplines and have particular interest in technically orientated and business related subjects.Future prospects After completion of the 3 year Higher Apprenticeship, there are a number of options you may choose to pursue including: • Optional progression to the BSc Honours Degree in Mineral Management. • A career in an Operational Supervisory role. • Or, given the size and scope of our Company, an exciting career in another division/department. Things to consider Before you apply please ensure that you have evidence to prove; - You have the right to work in the UK. - You have the minimum qualifications required.