Apprentice Finance Officer
Annual wage £24,347.00 - £27,268.00
- Working week Monday-Friday
- Apprenticeship duration 15 months
- Possible start date 18 Feb 2018
- Date posted yesterday
- Distance 47.2 miles
- Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number VAC001356620
- Positions 1 available
- Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience OR demonstrable understanding of financial processes and procedures including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control.
- Ability to analyse, prioritise and present data to a variety of stakeholders using Excel, tailoring your approach as appropriate.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver high-quality and accurate information.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel and Word.
A level and/or a Level 3 NVQ/BTEC or equivalent qualification in a finance or accounting subject.Future prospects The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles. The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. Things to consider Equal Opportunity The Civil Service is committed to providing services and developing policies which embrace diversity, promote equality of opportunity and eliminate unlawful discrimination. We are an equal opportunities employer and treat every application on the basis of merit alone. We also offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet our minimum selection criteria. The Equality Act 2010 prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of the following protected characteristics: Age, Disability, Gender reassignment, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity and we will not tolerate any discrimination on those grounds. Pension Statement Pension schemes are available and more information will be provided to successful candidates. For further information on these schemes please refer to the following website www.civilservice.gov.uk/pensions. Our location is currently Holborn, London (Zone 1). In 2019 we are planning to relocate to either Zone 2 or Zone 3. Current locations being investigated are Canary Wharf as our preferred choice and Stratford as our second choice. Recruitment Principles The CMA's recruitment processes are underpinned by the principle of selection for appointment on merit on the basis of fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's Recruitment Principles.