ATA Level 5 Technician Scientist (Biopharmaceutical Development / Purification Process ) - MedImmune
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good numerical and IT Skills
- Excellent team player - ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Drive, enthusiasm and ambition with a can-do approach
- Flexible attitude to work - ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- High degree of integrity and trust
- Ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a progressive attitude towards developing their knowledge and skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Have a passion for science and delivering results
- A genuine motivation to drive own development
- Be driven by a desire to make a difference to the lives of patients suffering with severe disease
- Self-motivating with a desire to learn and push the boundaries of the role
- Ability to deal with priority decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and self- management skills
- Will possess 3 A levels (or equivalent), two of which must be in a science subject (ideally biology) at grade B or above.
- Five GCSE's at grade C and above including Mathematics, Science and English (or equivalent).
Because of the technical experience you will gain from this role, you will gain skills which many graduates have yet to develop. If you demonstrate practical ability in addition to problem solving ability there are limitless opportunities for progression within the Life Sciences sector. Apprentices may be eligible to annual wage increments subject to company budgets and satisfactory completion of goals.Things to consider
The individual will be working within a laboratory environment and must therefore adhere to site dress code procedures and personal hygiene standards during testing activities (e.g. correct use of PPE such as laboratory coats and glasses). The individual will be required to handle hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, microorganisms) and so must adhere to the relevant procedures.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for 21-24 year olds and £7.50 for anyone aged 25 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).