L6 Controls Specialist Apprentice
- Interested in becoming an electrical controls engineer
- Desire to learn all aspects of controls engineering
- Willingness to spend time training and working away from home
- Previous qualifications in engineering - preferably with a PLC, electronics or electrical bias
- Good communications skills at all levels. Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations or willingness to learn and practice these
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
- Excellent customer facing skills / customer focus.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to be trained and learn new skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
You will need to demonstrate ambition through work or educational experience and be able to give examples of how you have managed your own learning.
You will need to be ambitious, relish a challenge and be prepared to seize the opportunities given to you. Hard work is essential, as is a determination to succeed and make the most of the hands on experience & qualifications on offer to you.
You will show self-motivation by providing evidence of your own achievements and the achievements of teams you have either led or been part of. You will show good aptitude for problem solving and have a high attention for detail. You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
You will be able to provide references which will show excellent punctuality and attendance records.
You'll need 2 A levels (or equivalent) at C or above in either Mathematics, IT, Physics, an Engineering related subject, or have completed a BTEC level 3 engineering qualification of 180 credits which must include further mathematics, or have an Engineering HNC/D qualification.
You may already have a BTEC L3 or a HNC/D in engineering, however this is not essential. We welcome applications from people who have no formal engineering qualifications but who have a passion for engineering and a huge desire to learn, as long as they meet the basic entry qualifications for this role.
You must be 18 years old before the end of December 2018. We are unable to employ under-18s in our Fulfilment Centres due to the nature of some of the inventory.
Amazon is the perfect place to start your career as an apprentice, our apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and will provide you with the skills and support to unlock your potential and offer exciting opportunities for your future career.