GBP 4277 Economic Development Project Assistant (Business Innovation T
An Economic Development Project Assistant is required by the Business Support & Innovation Team within the Economy, Enterprise & Skills Service at Devon County Council. An exciting opportunity to get involved in developing support for the economy across Devon with specific focus around support for business and social enterprises in the health and social care sector. Includes supporting 2 new funds to encourage innovation. Starting in April 2018, this GBP is for 6 months with possible extension.
COMPANY INFORMATION: Devon County Council is an upper tier authority providing a wide range of services to residents and businesses in the county of Devon. The County Council has a broad remit and a range of duties and responsibilities. Briefly our service areas include: support for the economy & enterprise; waste and recycling; adult social care and health; young people; children and families; environment and planning; transport and roads.
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To provide support to the Business Support & Innovation team, now based with Trading Standards, in the areas of business support, innovation, sector development and rural economic development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of projects and effective working partnerships with public and private sector organisations to deliver key priorities outlined in the County Council's Strategic Plan, the Strategy for Growth and the externally funded programmes for which DCC is the accountable body
- Provide support for specific projects either directly or through partners to develop the County's identified priorities, with a specific focus on managing project partners, consultants and budgets. This will include (but not limited to) the Innovation in Healthy Aging Project and an integrated package of support and funding to generate growth and innovation in our adult social care sector.
3. Support team members to work in partnership with colleagues and external agencies to access funding to support the implementation of economic development priorities.
4. Collaborate with partners and other organisations to share and disseminate best practice, to aid project development and continuous improvement, including hosting networking events and presentations.
5. Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the Directorate's work and the contribution it makes to deliver the County Council's Strategic Plan, the Strategy for Growth and other implementation plans and programmes as applicable.
6. To conform to, actively commit to and promote DCC Customer Service Standards both with internal and external 'customers' when using any communication media including telephone, email and face to face.
Economic Development Project Assistant's Projects
1. To monitor and update the BSI social media communication in accordance with policies and liaison with DCC's communications team. For example keeping our twitter feeds appropriate, current and interesting.
2. To administer and manage our Business Support Framework in accordance with existing processes and procurement policy which facilitates procurement of business support activities across the HotSW LEP area. (Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership - Devon, Somerset, Plymouth & Torbay)
3. Working with business support providers to ensure Devon businesses get access to high quality help and support to enable them to expand and grow.
4. To support the Innovation in Healthy Aging Programme which uses Healthy Aging as a catalyst for growth and Innovation in Devon, Plymouth &Torbay.
5. To support our work with Adult Social Care colleagues: to support growth and innovation in this sector through and integrated package of support, including a grants program for innovation around 'edge of care' activities.
6. Other duties as may be required by the line manager
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
Degree from a UK university within the last 3 years
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent and broad range of communication skills
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Able to perform role with reasonable adjustments
- Commitment and conformance to DCC Customer Service Standards
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking and to successfully implement creative and innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, including resolving conflicting priorities
- Excellent IT skills, in particular familiarity with Microsoft software packages
- Knowledge of website design and development and e-commerce opportunities
- Good working knowledge of social media
- Right to work in UK for the duration of the internship
- UK driving license
DESIRABLE CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
- Experience of implementing promotional campaigns
- Experience of organising events
- Project management experience and skills
- Understanding of business and commercial needs and drivers
- Interest in the Health & social care sector
Closing Date: 29/04/2018
Interview Date: 8/5/2018 (flexible around exams)
Start Date 04/06/2018 or asap
End Date: 07/12/2018 with possible extension