Cyber Security Level 4 Apprenticeship - Abingdon (Oxfordshire)
Would you like to be the cyber security workforce of the future? Could you work in a fast paced dynamically changing environment, while working for or within the Nuclear or nuclear supply chain industry?
Do you have the drive and technological flair to push your skills to the limit, to stand up and be recognised, while gaining an industry recognised qualification in cyber security?
Do you have the passion to succeed?
If yes, then you could be the Cyber Security Apprentice we are looking for! The cross Government Security Profession is supporting a number of employers within the Nuclear Decomissioning Authority to bring you exciting career opportunities in Cyber Security. You could become a Cyber Apprentice in the Nuclear industry.
You should apply for this role if you…
- Have a natural flair for logically and creatively solving problems;
- Are passionate about technology;
- Are able to work independently, take responsibility and use your initiative;
- Enjoy preventing disasters before they happen;
- Can articulate complex issues clearly to a wide range of people;
- Want to make a real difference in the work you do.
Sound interesting? Let’s tell you a bit more…..
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative programme whilst earning a salary. As a Cyber Security apprentice working in a rapidly-growing sector you will have the chance to develop your skills and become a cyber-professional of tomorrow!
These are exciting, challenging and stimulating jobs, managing digital networks and information impacting on all aspects of life in the UK. Cyber Security is the security of these networks and information that they hold; you will have a significant role in managing risk and mitigating threats to national security. Excellent on-the-job experience and training will enable you to develop the advanced technical skills needed to prevent cybercrime, decrypt data, clarifying and resolving malware issues. The apprenticeship will also help you build a foundation level of knowledge in critical areas of Cyber Security, setting you up for a successful and rewarding career.
On this 2-year programme you will not only complete a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Higher Apprenticeship, you will:
- Learn the fundamental skills you need to begin your career as a security professional.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required, such as incident response, risk management and digital forensics, to equip you to be a future Cyber Security specialist.
- Tackle topics such as ethical hacking (penetration testing), cyber security fundamentals, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and immediately applying this on-the-job.
- Be supported by experienced mentors and managers who will guide you through your apprenticeship.
You qualify for this role if…
- You hold a current United Kingdom (UK) Passport, and NI number
- You have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to the September 2018
- You are eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by September 2018.
Our employers are very keen to attract a broad spectrum of applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you have the right aptitude, motivation and attitude, we want to hear from you.
You should be aware that due to the critical and sensitive nature of some these roles some employers will conduct security checks which can take weeks or even months to complete, should you be successful in the recruitment process.
Read this and believe that you are suited to a Cyber Security Apprenticeship?
Then we would love to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in a Cyber Security apprenticeship