Commercial Banking Sales and Service Associate Apprenticeship 2018 - Leicester
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, and where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, why not join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our size and global reach mean we offer many ways for you to develop your career.
Within HSBC, Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses, from small enterprises and mid-market companies to large multinationals. We provide the services and expertise that businesses need to thrive. Our Commercial Banking Financial Services apprenticeship, offers roles across a variety of areas within the Commercial Banking business.
We currently have full-time apprenticeship opportunities across England that are suitable for candidates of all ages, who are interested in pursuing externally recognised professional qualifications while working in our Commercial Banking business. This offers diverse and varied duties with fantastic career progression opportunities within Commercial Banking and across the wider Bank.
We’re all about exceeding our customer’s expectations. Our Customer Service Representatives deliver a superior service to each and every business customer who calls our Contact Centre in Leicester and Swansea.
We’re here when our customers need us so you’ll need to be flexible in the hours you work. We operate a rotating shift pattern and our centre is open between 8am and 10pm, 7 days a week.
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Representative?
- You will deal exclusively with commercial customers, and will be responsible for providing great service over the phone
- Take ownership to resolve customers’ queries
- Building relationships with our customers by truly listening to their needs – and supporting them with the products and services that are right for them
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!
What do I need to be successful in this role?
We’re looking for supportive and enthusiastic people on a full time basis to join our inbound customer service teams. Business banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential, all you need is customer service experience, we can offer you full training on the job!
We’re passionate about you and your career, from your first day you will enter a 10 week blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of classroom training and experience in our live training environment.
What to expect
You will undertake an Apprenticeship leading to recognition against industry standard competencies and the opportunity to gain a professional knowledge-based qualification. The professional qualifications can lead, with further study, to a banking degree. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people, develop your professional network, while earning a competitive salary and benefits package.
At HSBC we value every member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with tailored development plan and internal career opportunities which will allow you to progress within HSBC. We can offer you competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Learning, development and support
Designed to help you build on your talents and gain new skills, the Apprenticeship programme comprises three components:
- A competency-based qualification that is recognised nationally which you'll gain from undertaking your day-to-day job.
- Level 3 Snr Financial Services Customer Advisor Apprenticeship which is a nationally recognised and will include Certificate in Business Banking & Conduct from LIBF.
- Functional skills including communication, technology and team work
In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to the wider learning and development curriculum offered at HSBC, including HSBC University, as well as opportunities to join our Employee Network Groups and participate in sustainability activities.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C.
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
Other desirable qualities are:
- Being highly proactive and effectively managing your own time
- Being an effective networker with the ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Experience of the work place through volunteering or work experience
Please note – Any candidate who already have a degree in financial services or level 3 financial services apprenticeship would not be eligible for this role. Please continue to our careers page to see what alternative opportunities we have available.
The starting salary for this role is £16,500.00 however it will rise to £17,500.00 after successful completion of your apprenticeship.