Software Engineer Degree Apprentice
Nevalee Business Solutions are a small and dynamic IT Company specialising in building bespoke business solutions for our clients.
We offer a range of solutions, such as high functionality web sites fully integrated to internal ERP systems through to an innovative Airport Management System for General Aviation airfields. Our services cross between the fields of business consultancy, systems design and development. This provides both variety of work and a challenging environment.
Nevalee are looking for an enthusiastic learner, who wants to learn how to develop integrated functional systems. This is an opportunity to join a small but growing software company with a focus on customer satisfaction and quality of product and service.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties will evolve as new skills are learnt
- Assist with creating and maintaining system documentation
- Providing 1st Line support to existing customers
- Data preparation for system migration
- Web site development and maintenance
- Group problem solving and system design
- Develop new functionalities on our existing software product(s)
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 GCSE grades A-C including Maths and English
- 3 A Levels with predicted grades A-D
- Knowledge of IT processes and an interest in computer programming
- Basic understanding of business processes preferably through doing GCSE or A Level Business Studies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Starting at £15000 increments will be applied over the course of the apprenticeship as skills increase.
What it a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are a government initiative that allows learners to combine studying for an undergraduate degree qualification with a genuine job.
- You will not pay any university tuition fees as your employer covers the costs.
- You'll have a paid job while studying part time in working hours.
- Study modules at university and put your learning into practice in the workplace.
- You’ll gain real-life work experience and essential life skills.
- You’ll achieve the same qualification as those who take a traditional full time undergraduate degree route.
About the University of Chichester
We are internationally recognised as a beacon of good practice for high-quality student-centred education.
We don't do gimmicks but we do provide our students with life enhancing experiences. That's why we've been named one of top ten universities in the UK for student experience by the 2018 Time Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
It's also why that for over a decade, through the National Student Survey, our student community has consistently rated us between 3 and 6 percentage points ahead of the sector.
As Professor Jane Longmore our Vice-Chancellor commented: "We are justifiably proud to have a reputation for excellent teaching that is intellectually stimulating and which takes place in a community of learning. For this reason we are delighted that the results of the 2017 NSS see us ranked in the top 10 per cent of the sector for 'the teaching on my course' and 'learning community'."
In 2017 our overall satisfaction was 87 per cent, three per cent above the national average, and as a result we are ranked inside the top 40 of all higher education providers in the country by the Times Higher Education Supplement.