APPRENTICE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
We are offering an exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor with one of the UK's leading suppliers of office partitions, glazed partitions, glazed fire screens and associated services. Established in 2002, Lusso manufacture and supply office partitions from our Head Office in Bristol and from our offices in London and Leeds.
A Quantity Surveyor controls the costs and finances of a construction project, but that is just a brief overview. As a Trainee Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be actively involved across all stages of a project, and being good requires lots of knowledge and experience to deal with the varied aspects of the role
Benefits for the applicant:
- Support towards achieving a Degree Apprenticeship through day release over a 5 year period, studying at the University of the West of England.
- A good work/life balance - working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- A friendly family business offering the opportunity to work with a team of other qualified professionals.
- The opportunity to gain all round experience in an exciting niche market.
- Exposure to seeing projects up to £1m, such as the University of England New Business School and New Enterprise Centre, from start to finish.
- Production of cost estimates
- Valuing variations
- Taking off quantities from drawings
- Production of CAD drawings
- Preparing suppliers orders
- Providing support to quantity surveyors/project managers
- Liaison with main contractors and suppliers
- General office duties as necessary
To be considered for this post, applicants must have:
- Three ’A’ Levels or equivalent qualifications. Preferably one of which should be in Maths.
- Excellent IT skills
- A methodical approach to work
- A good work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An interest in working in construction
- A willingness to listen & learn
- Driving licence with access to a vehicle
- Lived in the UK for at least 3 years at the start of the course