Manufacturing Engineer Degree Apprentice
Inpress Plastics is a fast-growing family owned plastics manufacturer in Littlehampton West Sussex. We Provide a comprehensive manufacturing service from initial design and prototyping to tooling and production. We work together with our clients to develop innovative solutions to meet their business needs and reduce costs. Based in the south of England and serve clients in the UK, Europe & North America.
Inpress is continually looking for ways to improve efficiency in a manufacturing processes. We are investing in robots to improve efficiency during the manufacture of plastics parts. We are looking for a candidate with an interest in learning to program robots and deliver engineering solutions for manufacture.
Robotics is forecast to become one of the fastest growing areas in the UK economy. At the end of the 4year course you will have developed skills making you highly employable.
You will need to demonstrate that you are a self-motivated fast learner who can work as part of a small team.
Skills that should be developed during this work are:
- Learning programming languages to control robots
- Understanding of injection and blow moulding manufacturing processes
- Project evaluation and planning
- Problem solving
- Record keeping
- Health and Safety for factory processes
- Starting salary £10k per year first year with annual pay rises based on performance.
- Fully funded degree at Chichester University
- One day per week spent at University
Prospective degree apprentices will be recruited directly by employers or be in employment.
The success candidate will have a minimum of 7 GCSE’s with at least grade B in Maths, English and two sciences or computer science. In addition, the successful candidate will require at least one of the following;
- 3 A Levels, grade C or above (To include mathematics and preferably a technology subject)
- BTEC vocational qualification at level 3
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Relevant work experience
What training will you undertake?
The aim of this degree apprenticeship is to integrate academic learning and on-the-job practical training to ensure that you graduate with the experience that your employer needs, now and in the future. Typically you will spend 4 days a week with your employer on the job with the other day at The University of Chichester studying towards your degree.
On successful completion, you will be awarded a BEng Mechanical Engineering degree.
What it a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are a government initiative that allows learners to combine studying for an undergraduate degree qualification with a genuine job.
- You will not pay any university tuition fees as your employer covers the costs.
- You'll have a paid job while studying part time in working hours.
- Study modules at university and put your learning into practice in the workplace.
- You’ll gain real-life work experience and essential life skills.
- You’ll achieve the same qualification as those who take a traditional full time undergraduate degree route.
About the University of Chichester
We are internationally recognised as a beacon of good practice for high-quality student-centred education.
We don't do gimmicks but we do provide our students with life enhancing experiences. That's why we've been named one of top ten universities in the UK for student experience by the 2018 Time Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
It's also why that for over a decade, through the National Student Survey, our student community has consistently rated us between 3 and 6 percentage points ahead of the sector.
As Professor Jane Longmore our Vice-Chancellor commented: "We are justifiably proud to have a reputation for excellent teaching that is intellectually stimulating and which takes place in a community of learning. For this reason we are delighted that the results of the 2017 NSS see us ranked in the top 10 per cent of the sector for 'the teaching on my course' and 'learning community'."
In 2017 our overall satisfaction was 87 per cent, three per cent above the national average, and as a result we are ranked inside the top 40 of all higher education providers in the country by the Times Higher Education Supplement.
Apply for Manufacturing Engineer Degree Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly