Apprentice Swimming Teacher
Following its acquisition in 2009, the Princess Royal Pool has been completely renovated to provide one of the best teaching pools in the county. New management and highly qualified swimming instructors provide swimming lessons for individuals of all ages from three months old and to school groups plus we offer opportunities to swimming clubs and other organisations, leisure swimming, pool parties, evening sessions, fun sessions for families and children and adult fitness training sessions.
Location Address: Princes Royal Hospital, Lewes Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 4EX
Reports to: Lorna Falconer
Date To Start: ASAP
Apprenticeship Duration: 12 months
The Apprentice Swimming Teacher role will include gaining practical experience in:
lifeguarding, assisting with swimming lessons, pool water testing,
reception, cleaning, setting up the pool, admin and marketing.
Full training will be given and will lead to the possible attainment of the nationally recognised qualifications below.
You will be given an "Individual Learning Plan" for the following qualifications which you will undertake in and around your working hours:
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- ASA UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics
- NVQ Level 2 Activity Leadership
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 Employment Awareness
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills (Eng & Maths), if required
- Various 1 day courses, e.g. water testing, safeguarding, 1st aid etc...
- Interest and/or background in swimming
- Highly organised
- Good time management
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated to learn and achieve new qualifications