Chef - FULL TIME CAREER WITH APPRENTICESHIP
1 day left
A career in the Royal Airforce (RAF) is no ordinary job. You will face exciting challenges, learn new skills and potentially travel the world all whilst helping police the sky, keeping the UK safe.
As a Chef you will have a varied role cooking and preparing for the RAF staff and guests. This can range from preparing food at five-star themed banquets one day to cooking in the field the next.
Pay during training
Pay after training
Qualifications you need
Depending on your experience there are two routes to becoming a Chef:
- There are no GCSE requirements
- You should have two to three years of suitable experience working as a chef/cook in a hotel, restaurant, hospital or industrial canteen or other catering establishment (not fast food)
And one of the following:
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking and Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation and Cooking; and Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Any other appropriate recognised civilian qualification
16-35 (must attest before 36th birthday)
19 – 35 (Must attest before 36th birthday)
Other entry requirements;
You must be a UK citizen or holder of dual UK/other nationality
Whether or not you were born in the UK, you should have resided there for 5 years immediately preceding your application
During the one year apprenticeship programme you will gain:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Level Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
On successful completion of your qualifications you will embark on an exciting and varied career!
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website. To be directed straight to our site Click 'Apply Now'.