Weapon System Operator – FULL TIME ROLE
2 days left
A career in the Royal Airforce (RAF) is no ordinary job. You will face exciting challenges, learn new skills and potentially travel the world all whilst helping police the sky, keeping the UK safe.
Weapon Systems Operators, as integral members of the flight crew, are responsible for all aspects of the rear of the aircraft. As part of the crew you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including load and cargo restraint, management of troops, operating cutting edge surveillance technology or manning the defensive weapon systems.
Weapon System Operator specialist roles
- As a rotary crewman you could find yourself on operations deploying troops and cargo, assisting with aircraft navigation, manning the weapon systems or helping to keep your aircraft serviceable.
- As a fixed-wing crewman you could find yourself looking after troops and cargo going all over the world, ensuring compliance with international aviation regulations, monitoring air-to-air refuelling systems, or dispatching troops and cargo for airborne delivery.
- In the Electronic Warfare role you will be responsible for the radar and surveillance systems. You’ll operate cutting-edge Intelligence Surveillance technology and Reconnaissance aircraft in service with the RAF.
Pay during training
Pay after training
Qualifications you need
You must have at least one of the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or acceptable equivalents) at a minimum of Grade C, including English Language and Mathematics or
- 5 Scottish Certificate of Education (SCE) Standard Grades at a minimum of Grade 2, including English Language and Mathematics
- 5 Scottish National Equivalent (SNE) grades at Grade 5, including English Language and Mathematics.
17.5-32 (must enter phase one training before 33rd birthday)
Other entry requirements;
You must be a UK citizen or holder of dual UK/other nationality
Whether or not you were born in the UK, you should have resided there for 5 years immediately preceding your application
Weapons System Operators receive comprehensive training which includes:
- 10 week Basic Recruit Training
- Electronic Warfare specialists undertake a further 11 months of training
- Crewmen will complete either a 4 or 9 month training followed by 5-month Operations Conversion Course on the aircraft you will be operating on
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website. To be directed straight to our site Click 'Apply Now'.