Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Graduate Geotechnical Engineer - Edinburgh - GBPNegotiable
Our client have a unique opportunity for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join their team based on their Edinburgh offices!
Due to continued success and expansion, our client, a prestigious and well known Environmental Consultancy have a rare opportunity for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team and the ability to move forward with your career.
Upon joining the the team you will be happy to spend a significant proportion of your time managing site investigation work:
* undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive site investigations at locations across the UK
* managing fieldwork activities, including the collating of site data
* managing clients, engineers and subcontractors
* organising and managing projects in the following sectors: house builders, commercial property developers, public sector bodies, manufacturing and industrial
* undertaking project management duties, including assisting with the preparation of preparing health and safety documentation before and during any site works
* scheduling analysis of soil and water samples and writing factual reports
The successful Graduate Geotechnical Engineer will hold:
* BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
* A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
* Familiarity with and be able to interpret geological maps and published geological data
* A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
* Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
* Excellent written and oral skill
- Full, clean UK driving licence essential
For more information on this role please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on . Alternatively you can send through a copy of your CV to