Contact: Matthew Mercer
1 Bath Road
Sweco is a leading design, engineering and management consultancy, active in the growth markets of water, energy, transportation and sustainable planning and design. At the core of our business is the principle of sustainability by design.
At Sweco, we take our responsibility towards our environment very seriously. We have clear policies and practices in place aimed at ensuring our operations and actions are as sustainable as they can be. We also understand that implementing sustainable practices is not the only goal and ensure that we integrate the latest technologies with delivery to time, cost and quality objectives.
Sweco – Building Services, Energy & Environment
The lead Building Services division is based in Maidenhead working on a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from high-end commercial office and residential projects to universities, schools, hotels and leisure facilities.
The systems we design comprise functional elements of a building without which it would be a lifeless shell. Our work encompasses analysis and advice on the building performance as well as every type of building services equipment and systems, including:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Electrical power systems, lighting, security and information technology.
- Vertical transportation.
- Environmental performance studies.
The Building Services division consists of eight teams providing mechanical, electrical and public health expertise, with support from specialist disciplines including Environmental Modelling, IT/AV, Fire Engineering, Vertical Transportation and BMS design. Many of the directors at Sweco have themselves come through the graduate development scheme.
Why work for Sweco?
- We work on some of the most exciting and prestigious building developments in the UK and overseas and graduates can immediately play a major role in these projects. Examples include many of the tallest buildings in Europe, the design of zero carbon emission buildings, award winning projects in every sector of the arts, education, leisure and transportation industry.
- Those from non-Building Services specific courses will be supported in undertaking appropriate post graduate study.
- We offer a competitive starting salary in addition to a great benefits package.
- There are regular internal training seminars given by experienced members of the company to support your continuous professional development.
- Each graduate will be assigned a mentor to work with closely and will also be assigned a buddy to help settle into the company.
- Site visits and visits to manufacturers will also be provided as part of the graduate scheme.
- Graduates will enrol in our accredited Graduate Training Scheme linked to professional bodies such as CIBSE, IMECHE & IET which we expect will lead to Chartered Engineer Status.
Masthead image courtesy of Hufton+Crow.