We are looking for a student to join the Downstream Process Sciences Department at UCB. You will work with the team to develop the downstream process to purify antibodies to the required standards for therapeutic application. You will receive training in all the required techniques, including analytical methods in order to perform the role.
You will help to enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
You will be responsible for undertaking laboratory-based tasks, which include sampling, testing, measuring as well as recording and analyzing results.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
Tasks typically involves:
- performing experiments in order to produce data to support scientific investigations;
- carrying out tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
- recording all laboratory work to the agreed standards.
- ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- helping interpret and present results in collaboration with other colleagues
- keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.