Invicro is looking to recruit a Technician Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in the science industry. We are looking for an apprentice to help provide support to our scientific staff with general laboratory skills.
This position will involve working in a highly regulated environment at Invicro
Duties will include:
- To provide support to scientific staff with general laboratory tasks.
- To ensure that equipment is always available for use and that reagents and other materials are prepared to appropriate standards.
- Ordering and replenishment of laboratory consumable stocks.
- Preparation of reagents or other material for use by scientific staff and deliver to point of use (e.g., buffer solutions, liquid nitrogen, cardice, lab consumables);
- Operation, calibration and preventative maintenance of laboratory instruments (e.g., balances, water purifiers, pH meters, fridges/freezers);
- Support bioanalysis team in the delivery of blood sample analysis.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Provide assistance/cover for the Laboratory Technician team and Radiochemical Sciences team as required and to carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the manager.
- Comply with relevant regulations (e.g., GxP requirements, EH&S regulations) and working within the scope of Invicro London requirements.
Invicro (a Konica Minolta company) is a growing global translational imaging company based in London, Boston, New Haven. The London site is located at Hammersmith Hospital / Imperial College London in West London. Invicro London operates a world-leading clinical imaging centre with state-of-the-art PET and MRI technology used to support medical and pharmaceutical research.
At Invicro London we specialise in applying positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanning techniques to improve productivity in early drug development and to help improve disease understanding.
Using PET imaging, researchers can visualise the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion properties. Additionally, one of the key benefits of PET imaging is the ability to visualise candidate target-engagement in vivo. This allows researchers and companies to accurately predict the effectiveness of a drug within human earlier within the drug development process, ensuring the resources are used efficiently and effectively.
In addition to the PET imaging, we also specialise in the utilisation of state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to provide advanced structural and functional information. We have the knowledge, experience and the expertise to provide end-to-end support to clients and collaborators
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English plus;
- Will have, or are predicted, A-Levels equalling 80 points including A level Chemistry and another science subject (or equivalent, i.e., BTEC)
- Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively, appropriately, and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Is able to adapt to change quickly and easily.
- Maintains appropriate records in an organized way.
- A positive and supportive member of the team
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good work ethic
- Helps team members who need or ask for support or assistance.
- Knows and supports the team’s work and deliverables.
- Is able to work effectively with colleagues, with groups across boundaries and also independently.
- Asks questions to understand the objectives of changes.
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques.
- A ‘can do’ approach
- Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly.
- Provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it.
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 5 Technician Scientist Apprenticeship Standard
- Training to be provided will be a mixture of online lectures, skills webinars, and face-to-face workshops with University of Kent
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Technician Scientist Apprenticeship Standard.
- The knowledge qualification will be a FdSc (Hons) in Applied Chemical Sciences
This role is part of our talent planning for the future, and for the right person we are looking to continue to develop the apprentice upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info