As an Apprentice Operations Assistant at Wolseley, you will be working towards to Warehousing and Distribution Level 2 Scottish programme over the duration of 15 months.
Your roles and responsibilities will include;
- Having a knowledge of Health and Safety, including Manual Handling techniques, use of loading equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform manual handling activities and become qualified to use the appropriate forklift, whilst being careful and considerate to the environment.
- Have a broad knowledge of products in the warehouse, and an understanding of the warehouse standards and processes.
- Performing your role in a manner that minimises risk to yourself, others, and the working environment.
- Making decisions in difficult circumstances or when information is incomplete, for this you will need to take information quickly and accurately and by taking considered risks to meet customer needs.