Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a CAD & IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client was established in 1996 to provide CAD software, support and training to the growing UK CAD market. By 1998, they had exclusive European rights to Caddie and in 2001 they purchased the Caddie software outright and have developed it ever since.
The success of Caddie is based not only on the software itself, but also on the support and backup offered by the company.
We are looking to recruit a CAD & IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Learning how to provide technical support
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilise the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
- Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
As you gain more knowledge and skills, your role and responsibilities will include:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for Caddie CAD software.
- Provide training to clients at introductory and advanced level in 2D drafting, 3D modelling and photo realistic rendering with the addition of basic instruction on the Windows Operating systems, as employed when using the Caddie software program.
- Build, 'ship' and assist clients with installation and licensing of software.
- Update help files, training manuals and user documentation as system functionality changes and new features are implemented.
- Create icons and other graphic images required as new features are implemented within the software, and any materials that may be required in conjunction with the publication or promotion of details appertaining to Caddie software or the company products and services.
- Update and maintain web-based FAQs, and posting and monitoring articles relating to support and training issues on social media and websites
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.