Duration of Apprenticeship:
The Key Responsibilities of the role are:
- Effective diary and inbox management
- Arranging meetings, taking minutes and ensuring papers are circulated on time
- Dealing with enquiries and taking telephone messages
- Developing good working relationships across the FCA
- Providing key day-to-day support and assistance to the Manager
- Playing a key role in organising and co-ordinating the team
- Pre-empting and pro-actively following up and resolving ad-hoc issues on behalf of the team
- Collation of team communications
- Attending meetings, minute taking and following up agreed actions
- Providing administrative support for ad-hoc projects and work; including away-days, meeting briefings and other support to the team as necessary.
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Minimum of 2 A Levels at grade C in addition to 5 GCSEs at grade C including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver outcomes to agreed standards and tight deadlines, while being flexible in response to conflicting priorities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and drive to work as part of a team to get things done
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages - particularly Word, Outlook, Access Excel and PowerPoint
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.