Duration of Apprenticeship:
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Responding to consumer calls on a wide range of financial issues
- Liaising with other FCA staff to resolve complex queries
- Drafting written correspondence
- Using judgement to absorb, interpret and summarise large quantities of information
- Identifying and escalating cases where there is a risk
What will I get from the role?
- You will make a significant contribution to the aims of the FCA to protect consumers and reduce harm.
- Working for the regulator, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role for everyone in the UK who is a consumer of financial services
- You will develop your spoken and written communication skills, exercising your judgement to gather intelligence to feedback into the organisation
- You will be in regular contact with the rest of the FCA, and will build relationships beyond your direct team building your knowledge of financial regulation
- You will enter an environment of continuous learning, receiving first class training and support
As a Financial Services Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Senior Financial Services Customer Advisor Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in you being awarding Professional Banker Certificate or the CII Certificate (IF1/ IF2 and choice of IF3/ 4/ 9/ 10).
Minimum of 2 A Levels at grade C in addition to 5 GCSEs at grade C including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent spoken communication skills, including active listening and using simple language
- An investigatory mind-set, knowing how to find answers
- An ability to make judgement-based decisions, using analytical skills to clarify situations
- Excellent relationship building skills, building rapport, adapting to and empathising with others
- Resilient, able to work to SLAs even when under pressure
- Positive, composed, impartial and productive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.