Your Duties may include;
Service Desk and Technical Assistance:
- First line 'break-fix' assistance to school based users as directed by the site Service Desk queue
- Use the service desk software to report, log and correspond to requests
- Communicate with school-based staff to inform them of action and progress of reported problems
- Assist school-based staff and students with technical issues*
- Provide high levels of customer service
Hardware/Software Support and Fault Diagnosis:
- First line support for workstation and laptop support. Assessment and resolution of hardware/software issues
- First line support for printers. Basic assessment and resolution of hardware issues
- First line support for ICT peripheral devices (USB devices, Scanners, tablets etc)* Assessment of hardware/software issues
- First line support for interactive whiteboards and projectors. Basic assessment and resolution of hardware issues
- First line support for wireless access points and hardwired network points. Basic assessment and resolution of issues
- Complete trouble-shooting tasks on supported infrastructure as directed by the service desk.
- Test and change cables as required. (Network, USB, serial, parallel etc)
- Change and diagnose hardware equipment as directed by the service desk
Routine Maintenance and Service Tasks:
- Complete software installations on workstations and laptops as directed by the service desk
- Complete deployment of images to workstation or laptops as directed by the service desk
- Change and replace printer consumables, paper as required
- Restore workstation/laptop images as directed by the service desk
- Complete Active Directory maintenance tasks as directed by the service desk
- Complete backup restores as directed by the service desk
- Complete routine hardware/software maintenance tasks as directed by the service desk
- Report breakages, vandalism or reoccurring problems to the service desk
- Maintain school asset record systems
- Maintain school stock systems
Skills and/or personal qualities
Qualifications and Education
1. GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above).
2. Any relevant industry recognised qualification
3. Willingness to take part in all relevant training.
4. Experience of prioritising workloads, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities for themselves, and others on occasion.
Skills and Abilities
5. Excellent literacy and communication skills, including written and oral.
6. Strong administrative and organisational skills.
7. Competent user of a range of ICT applications including Microsoft office.
8. High level of accuracy in written work and data entry.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to providing a quality customer service.
10. Ability to prioritise one's own work and work to tight deadlines.
11. Flexible, proactive, positive approach to work.
12. Ability to follow instructions accurately but also to show initiative and make good judgments when required
13. Ability to demonstrate a high level of trust and integrity and deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential, personal information.
14. Be able to work as an effective member of a team.
Does the apprentice need to drive?
- To work flexibly - this may on occasions include evenings, open days, parents' evenings and possibly weekends. This may also involve cover across the wider team in times of need.
- To participate fully in Staff Appraisal according to the requirements of AMS.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development, as required.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Academy Health and Safety Policy.
- To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Academy; comply with statutory requirements, including Equal Opportunities legislation, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act.
- To have a commitment to Child Safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Academy's agreed procedures.
- To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy and the Trust.
- To appreciat